Name: Mark Whittle
Discipline: Triathlon & Ultra Endurance Events
Coaching Philosophy: Consistency, progression & patience. Good things take time, stick at it, if only a little bit every day…..it does make a difference.
- GB Age Group Triathlete – European Middle and Long Distance Triathlon Championships
- GB Age Group Triathlete - World Cross Triathlon Championships
- Multiple Ironman finishes – Ironman Austria, Ironman Regensburg and Ironman Frankfurt
- Joint winner of Dragon Seeker Ultra Run (60km)
- Finisher of the 6633 Arctic Ultra (380 mile)
Bucket list event: Challenge Roth and Barkley Marathons.
Favourite Athlete: Chris McCormack, a cocky & arrogant racer, but backed it up with multiple world titles and won twice on the Big Island of Kona.
Favourite Food: Pizza……..Pizza Express specifically!
On a day off I like to: Ride my MTB with my wife or hike up in the mountains.
One thing you couldn’t live without: Tea and lots of it!
Dislikes: Smoking, rudeness and lateness.
Favourite Quote: “It's not bragging if you can back it up” Muhammad Ali