Name: Vicky Johnston
Discipline: Triathlon, swimming & time-trialing
Coaching Philosophy: Be prepared to work hard but enjoy what you do.
- Level 2 British Triathlon coach.
- Currently training as a level 3 coach on the British Triathlon High Performing Coach Programme
- BSc Hons Sport and Exercise Science (Loughborough University)
- Cardiff Met Triathlon Academy Coach
- British Triathlon Strength and Conditioning workshop
- Former Head Coach for Loughborough Students Triathlon
- 6x British Universities medalist (sprint, Olympic and duathlon)
- Podiums in British Junior Super Series races
- 4th Junior Elite European Cup
- 3rd British Middle Distance Champs (25-29 AG)
- European age group Champion (2010)
Sporting goals: Earn my Pro License for 70.3 racing next season and qualify for World Championships as a professional in 2019.
Bucket list event: Alpe d’Huez Triathlon
Favourite athlete: Kelly Holmes- she never gave up despite all her injuries
Favourite food: Chocolate 100%!
On a day off I like to: Visit friends and explore new places
One thing I couldn’t live without: Milk
Dislikes: Drafters in a non-drafting race!
Favourite quote: It never gets easier, you just get better!