WhittleFit group rides: week commencing 4th May 2020
Our group Zwift rides are gathering pace, thank you to everyone who attended over the last week or two! This week we are changing our Thursday session, we'll still have three group rides to choose from, but the Thursday session this week is a harder, threshold session.
- Tuesday 5th May: Tempo Tuesday (7:15am) 2015 UCI Worlds course (tempo group workout)
- Thursday 7th May: Threshold Thursday (6:05pm) Road to Ruins course (threshold group workout)
- Sunday 10th May: Sunday Social group ride (8:05am) 3 Sisters course (climbing)
- Tempo Tuesday: A 60 minute no-drop group workout where the majority of the work is a tempo effort with the occasional splash of sweetspot or threshold work. We all do the same session (written by me), but we do it at our own intensities based on our functional threshold power (FTP), and by the magic of Zwift we all stay together. These sessions are great for boosting your FTP without destroying you, so you’re able to back up these sessions with your other planned sessions if you so wish, and also, they won’t be overly detrimental to your immune system. I will send out a separate email to the people who accept the invite for this ride as I need to send out the workout file and give instructions on downloading this file and how to join the meet up (it’s slightly different to joining a normal meet up).
- Threshold Thursday: Todays session is a 60 minute no-drop workout where we will be working on improving our functional threshold power (FTP) by working at threshold, sub-thresold and supra-threshold intensities. This is a tough session, tougher than our Tuesday session and you should go into this session slightly rested to get the full benefit. As with the Tuesday session, a separate email will be sent out to the athletes who accept the invite for this ride as a workout file needs to be downloaded.
- Sunday Social: Our weekend group rides will always be a no-drop ride, so as long as everyone keeps pedaling Zwift will keep the group together. The rides in general will be between 1.5 hours and 2.5 hours, and will vary between flat routes, undulating routes and hilly routes, so we should have something for everyone. And as the group stays together you can push as hard or as little as you like, but just to note, don't try to set a PB on the climbs or the sprints as they don’t count in Keep Everyone Together mode, but you can put in a big effort to help drag up the group!